They are really crunchy but can be slightly bitter so they work well with something sweet such as pears as I have used here but also lovely with avocado for example!
I love lentils, hot or cold – tasty, cheap and nutritious!
- 60-80g of lentils per person
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 scallions
- 1 egg per person
- Cook the lentils according to the instructions on the packet, usually you cook them in a large sauceman of water and count 25 minutes from when the water starts to boil
- Strain the lentils and allow to cool
- Finley chop the scallions and tomatoes
- Make up a vinaigrette
- Mix the lentils, tomatoes, scallions and vinaigrette together
- Serve with a poached egg on top