Rillettes are a meat (usually pork or duck) “paté” type preparation where the meat is cooked slowly in fat and then shredded and mixed with some of the fat to form a spread. Rillettes are delicious served with bread.
This is extremely simplified version of “rillettes” but is really lovely served as an aperitif or even as part of a starter.
- 1 tin of tuna in brine or water (150g approximately)
- 1 cream cheese (St.Moret or Philadelphia etc) of the same weight as the tuna
- Salt & Pepper
- Drain the tin of tuna and empty into bowl
- Miw well with cream cheese
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add a good dose of chives – not just for the taste but also for the colour
- Serve with some fresh bread
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.