Yes you’ve guessed it right – a delicious, rich, chocolate-y chocolate cake. Perfect for dessert served with a crème anglaise or some ice-cream or even as a particularly yummy gouter (afternoon snack). This is my three kids favourite cake and it takes only 5 minutes to prepare and 13 minutes to cook!
- 200g good dark chocolate (I use 70%)
- 100g butter
- 125g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50g flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bain marie*
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until it is light and fluffy
- Add the melted chocolate and butter to the mixture
- Add the flour
- Grease a round tin and cook for 13-15 minutes at 200°C (I prefer nice and gooey in the middle so 13 minutes is enough, 15 mins is perfect if you want it cooked through but not dry)
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.