Chocolate and pears go so well together, the dark chocolate and sweet moist pears make a lovely combination. I have already posted a pear and chocolate loaf , ideal with afternoon tea, this is more of a dessert which is perfect served with a scoop of ice-cream.
At this time of the year you can use fresh pears, making sure they are nice and ripe. You can always use a tin of pears too though!
- 200 g dark chocolat (70%)
- 150 g butter
- 120 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 130 g self-raising flour
- 4 pears
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C
- Melt the butter and chocolat together in a bain-marie (put ingredients in bowl and place bowl in saucepan of water over a low heat)
- Mix in the sugar
- Separate the eggs into whites and yolks and add the yolks to the mixture
- Fold in the flour
- Beat the egg whites (with a pinch of salt) until stiff and gently fold them into the rest of the ingredients
- Peel and core pears and slice in half
- Grease and flour tin, place the pear halves on the bottom and cover with chocolate cake mixture
- Bake in oven at 180°C for 40 minutes
- Remove from tin immediately and place on rack to cool
<img alt="twitter" title="Share on Twitter" class="synved-share-image synved-social-image synved-social-image-share" width="24" height="24" style="display: inline; width:24px;height:24px; margin: 0; padding: 0; border: none; box-shadow: none;" src="https://myfrenchtable.com/wp-content/plugins/social-media-feather/synved-social/image/social/regular/24×24/twitter this content.png” />
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.